Saturday, February 14, 2009

YIKES! I am a jerk!

I am feeling really terrible today that me thinking sarcasm is funny offended someone at my work. Yesterday was an extremely busy and frustrating day for me at work and I allowed that to color how I spoke to one of the people who I do truly appreciate.
I offended him so much so that he went to the CEO to discuss how much it bothered him! I feel horrible! I never meant my shortness via instant message and over use of silly emoticons to make him feel unappreciated and I am mortified that I did!
GRR!! I am so much my fathers daughter... The Roger Buchanan came out in me while I was talking to this man online. Anyone who has ever dealt with my dad in a business sense would tell you he is too harsh and not very understanding.
Rather than explaining my frustration of my day and how we were going to implement a new program I was just short via IM which came across as rude and condescending. I hate this about myself and typically catch myself when I do it and apologize in that moment, but yesterday I did not and now this man that I really admire, because he works so hard and makes my job easier thinks I am a jackass!
I sent him an email to apologize (and would make a phone call in addition to that if he wasn't in the Philippines) and hope that it will remedy the fact that I was a jackass when we spoke yesterday.
Why am I such a jerk???!!!

No comments: