Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ouchies


Danica and Ashton are always worried about ouchies... well I got one! I actually have a few on my foot it hurts so badly I can't even begin to explain it.
I was on my scooter and then I wasn't then I was on the ground with people trying to help me but the help wasn't there. I was pinned under the scoot right foot completely smashed and a couple came rushing back to me. They didn't speak any English and the man put his foot on the scooter! Smashing my foot further into the ground, and his wife had me in a bear hug and was trying to pick me up. I just kept screaming the bike the bike THE BIKE!! and finally some man came running yelling in spanish to pick up the bike.
Then he picked me up! I was covered in blood and a huge piece of my big toe was missing just gone... he offered to take me to the ER and I accepted. I couldn't take myself I could barely walk.
I sobbed in the back of the car while his wife talked about how lucky I was that I had on my hemlet... no not helmet hemlet... I was very lucky that I had enough sense to wear it.
I was gushing blood out of my toe which I think is now infected but I couldn't even bare the pain it hurt so much.
I called my mother and Darrell my Utah dad and he came to the hospital to tell me to be a man and suck it up. I tried but I have never cried so hard. I would post some pics but I am too lazy to go get the camera from my room.
I have never spent so much time in the hospital and I don't recommend it to anyone it really isn't all that fun. I am glad that I didn't lose a toe that could have easily been the case but I didn't and I am thankful. I am sorry to worry everyone. I am going to go finish off the pain killers that were prescribed and go to bed I have a long day ahead of me but I look forward to it.
Good luck to those who continue to scoot... it hasn't been that good to me so I think I will wait until i heal... I don't want to but it is probably for the best! :(

1 comment:

MUG said...

I am so glad you are okay! That crash could have been so much worse. Just lay low and heal!