Wednesday, August 26, 2009

As much as I love Nordstroms... this was too much

I love shopping LOVE shopping! but I have an aversion to shopping in Idaho Falls. I miss living in the city and being able to go at my favorite stores Nordstrom, Banana Republic, Express and Forever 21 on a moments notice.

My goal was to add some color into my wardrobe which I desperately need, basically I wear Black, more black, with a touch of black and a splash of white and grey. BLAH!!! BLAH!!! BLAH!!! Well I didn't end up finding really anything that I liked. I went to every store in the Park City outlets and left with 2 shirts and a pair of shoes.

So I decided that I would try the Fashion Place Mall before meeting up with friends. BAD IDEA!!
It seems as though I am not meant to be a Fashion Place Mall shopper, while I love Nordstroms the last two experiences were a little damaging. Over Christmas I was attacked by a stranger over a parking spot and this time I was taunted by 3 little girls.

I was having a rough day, I was ill the night before (threw up my expensive dinner and had to leave Jessie's b-day party early) My skin was looking particularly awful from my blue light micro-derm abrasion 2 days prior, and my hair was too crazy for me I looked really terrible. But I knew that I was going to go to my hotel room and take a shower tame my hair and be able to re-spakle my face hiding the leprosy.

I am walking through the upper level of Nordstroms and I hear a little girl say... "Oh my gosh look at her hair, its weird" I laughed it off... it was a little weird Dorothy Hamill meets long hair meets wind is not the best look. Then she goes and gets 2 other little girls they are probably about 8 maybe 10 at the oldest. They start to giggle and I am getting a little annoyed because they are following me. Then one says "Wow look at her skin... why would you have short ugly hair with nasty skin?"
This went too far, I was okay with a little bit of rudeness because it wasn't worth saying anything but don't F@ck with me about something I am so desperately trying to remedy with no avail and can not control.
So I turned around, the girls did nothing they just stood there.
me:"excuse me?"
girls: Silence
me: "NO really what did you just say?"
girls: silence
me: "That was extremely rude and I deserve an apology"
girls: silence, obviously terrified scanning the showroom floor for their mother
me: "I am waiting" this was like the 1.... 2.... 3.... moment children are terrified of
girls: one runs, the other starts to tear up, the oldest who was the girl who started this smirks.
me: "Where is your mother?"
oldest girl: "She won't care"
me: "Don't be so sure about that, where is she?"
oldest girl: BURSTS into tears and starts sobbing like I shot her.
me: "Tears won't work on me honey just apologize and I will walk away."
third child: runs back "mom thought it what you said was really rude she is MAD and on her way just say your sorry"
oldest girl: continues to cry eeking out "sorry" and the younger girl beings to sob as well.
Me: "Thank you, you should really think about what you say and how it could make someone else feel."
I was furious but I just walked away, I didn't want to deal with these naughty girls mother and just wanted to get the hell out of there. But I was still on a quest for a colorful top to go out in to meet friends. IT WAS MY MISSION bad skin and ugly hair aside I had to find something!!

Off to Express... on my way down the hallway the stupid Nail guy grabs me and asks if my nails are natural, blah blah... "Yes they are my natural nails and I already own the buffer thank you"
Nail guy: "what about your skin"
me: "Awe FUCK you have got to be kidding me? NO I DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY SKIN THANK YOU!!!!"

Then I was OVER IT!! Mission ABORTED!!! Fashion Place Mall SUCKS!!

No comments: