Sunday, August 30, 2009

Garage Sale Madness!!

Why did I think that suggesting to my mother that a garage sale was a good idea??? Yesterday we had a garage sale, not just the Buchanan family wears but also two other families. It actually turned out to be quite the success... We made a few hundred dollars and were able to get the garage cleaned out so now my mom can actually park her car in it! Hooray!!
The day started really early REALLY early 5:30 am to be exact which is not a time that I typically see unless I am going to bed then... But that is when we started getting the left over items out that we didn't get out the night before. It was good we started so early because people were showing up at 6!
I was desperately trying to sell my wedding dress which was HILARIOUS given that the bulk of the shoppers were looking for the roto-tiller, weed whackers, antiques, books, and medical supplies. The big ticket items were the walkers, wheel chairs, and antiques.... So our shopper demographic was the hard core garage salers and peeps from the local "homes" IT was sooo funny to keep throwing in "SO do you NEED a wedding dress?" to the 65+ crowd... granted it was some cheap laughs but hey gotta keep em coming when you are up that early! I didn't sell the dress but that is okay...

1 comment:

MUG said...

What do you mean? Everyone needs an extra wedding dress in the house! Glad you are blogging again!