Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer Fun





I have to admit I haven't had as much fun this summer as I typically do. This is my own fault because I have been a hermit but here are some highlights of the great things I DID do.

  • Lava Hot Springs with Michelle: We had such a fun time spending the entire day together! It had been such a long time since we had been able to have a day. I still can't quite comprehend why we thought it was such a great idea to "float" the river after the woman at the pool said. "It is a real river, with REAL rocks, that really HURT!" this was a point that was proven well, when Michelle and I flipped and scraped along the REAL lava rocks. I fared much better than she did with only scrapes along my back. Poor Michelle ended up with a jacked up black and blue ankle and big scrapes and bruises along her legs it was awful. Not to mention her knee that was already hurt from the day before. YIKES! Even with the injuries we still had so much fun!! I love spending time with MZ!



  • SLC trip extravaganza! I have already blogged about the SLC trip but it was so jam packed with shopping, hair, bff from Teleserve and her sweet son, more shopping, getting accosted at the mall, more shopping, the tail end of the end of summer bbq til the wee hours of the morning, no sleep, church, breakfast with my old room mate, more hair, more shopping... then DRIVE home... This was a fun filled trip even though I didn't get any sleep that weekend and there were a few hiccups I had a great time! I only have 2 pictures from the whole summer.... I am sure there are more I just don't have them. One is Thomas and I and the other is his friend who's name escapes me now.... but he was the best self esteem boost ever!! Gay men don't lie about peoples looks for some reason if they are batting for the same team they loose the mechanism of just spewing complements without cause. That night he kept announcing "Megan's are always HOTT" which was nice to hear since I am feeling so FAR from hot let alone HOTT.... haha! He took so many pictures of the two of us it just made me laugh! I need to get some copies of those :) It seems like in the one that I have there was something happening off to the side of us that we both really needed to look at! haha!!
  • Ok so I have done A LOT more than these 2 things this summer this is just all that is sticking out in my mind I will have to post more later.....

No comments: