Thursday, November 12, 2009

What a wonderful afternoon!!

I had so much fun today, I was able to come to SLC with Jen (she worked almost the whole ride down gotta get shiz done) we stopped at Teleserve in hopes of talking to Jacob but he ended up on a phone call, but it was great to catch up with Julie. The J meeting will happen tomorrow :)
We had some GREAT sushi at Ginza did some shopping, and then IMOGEN HEAP!
The opening band was awful, thankfully we didn't show up until 8:00-ish so we only saw the tail end of his wild screeching. It was such a great show when Imogen came on though. AMAZING we went and stood near the back but it was still awesome.
Such a different experience from the first time I saw her years ago. I loved it and am so glad I came but I think I will start to try and find shows that are in different locations. My life has taken such a different turn that I would rather experience new cities to enjoy the bands I love, and I just want to visit new and exciting places.
Salt Lake is old hat and frankly makes me sad too many sad memories and sucky things. Although I do have some great friendships that I continue from afar SLC just makes me sad..... No way to really explain it just has a dark cloud. I am okay with that Idaho Falls has been great and I am really starting to actually plant some roots for awhile not just floating in hopes of being caught yet still afraid of being dragged down by the current of memories and places from the past.

No comments: