Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh Goodness...


So I live in near the Salt Lake City temple, Mormon mecca as I like to refer to it. Unfortunately the vote for proposition 8 in California wasn't what people were hoping for and there were a lot of people disheartened because of this vote. Myself included, I feel that you should be able to marry whoever you want it shouldn't matter if you are of the same sex or not. It doesn't really effect me personally and sooo many people get married for the wrong reason anyway. As a nation we don't hold marriage to a very high standard given that upwards of 50% of them fail.

That said I was not surprised to see that there was a protest at the temple last night in lieu of the news... Here is the crappy part THAT IS WHERE I LIVE!!! I couldn't get down my street at all! I had no where to go I needed to get my laptop to get some work done and there wasn't anywhere for blocks to even park and walk! I was so irritated it took me nearly 2 hours to get from Murray to near my street and then I couldn't even get home I was so flustered that I ended up going the wrong way down a one way street and pulled over. Thankfully the cop didn't give me a ticket but it was really annoying.

I called my sister to vent and she answered the phone and I said Sam "F@ck the Mormons, and F@ck the gays!" and my mom had picked up the other phone not knowing that Sam had already answered it. OOPS!! Sorry mom! I didn't mean to be so vulgar I was just annoyed. I probably would have even walked down to catch a glimpse of the goings on if I would have been able to get anywhere near my home! Oh well... I still had a fun night even though it took me so long to get home.

No comments: