Monday, November 3, 2008

Wow...

In the previous post I put the email that I received from the lead Pastor at K2 about the terrible tragedy that struck in our community. I was also privy to a few more details tonight in my small group. A woman that is in it works as a neurologist at the University of Utah Hospital and she had worked with Majors father, he is a resident at the University Hospital. This is a very sad event that has really shaken me to the core, and made me question my own value and belief systems strengthening some and also making some crumble and fall.
I have met some of the most amazing women in the past few days and made some very fast friends. I didn't think that I would get as much from this book and this small group as I have. I am also missing some old friends, but lives change and people change and maybe the season of certain friendships have come and gone but maybe it just needs a good freeze, time for sleep and calm, and once thawed will be revisited. That is my hope but for now I will leave it alone, and see what will happen.
My first day at the new fantastic job was just that FANTASTIC!! I did have a sullen undertone but I was so excited to get things ready for our investor to come and to plan and organize the benefit package and to just work hard and apply myself. It has been too long since I have had a chance to work hard and accomplish so much. I feel very good about it! I do have to start extremely early tomorrow, there just wasn't enough time in the day to get done all that needed to be but I got a good chunk out of the way.
Please tell the ones you love that you do and mean it!

No comments: