Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Matt & Emily

Another great addition to the married population! Em and Matt made it 8/8/08 was a wonderful day! It started with a little rain but cleared up just in time for one of the most touching ceremonies I have ever attended. I did get to be a small part by pushing play on the Ipod.
She looked amazing in her dress and I am so glad I could only see her. I wouldn't have been able to keep my game face if I could have seen Matt with tears streaming.
I got to sit next to Simon and his beautiful girlfriend Casey, I almost lost it when Simon began to cry but I held it in. Tony and Michelle offered the best ride to the reception with the beautiful corvette.
I had a great time at the reception even though I did have to leave in the middle to bring someone a key. It was disappointing because I missed a lot of the important traditions, the bouquet toss, the garter toss, and eating the cupcakes (which looked fantastic). The food and drinks were amazing some of the best little chicken salad croissants ever. It was a beautiful and memorable event and I am so glad that I got to be a part of it.

The rest of the evening should be forgotten, and for the most part it is. I did end up sleeping on Jeff's couch and having to leave early in the morning to take my dress (which was a disaster in and of itself) to the cleaners but before I could do that I had to wash the chocolate syrup off my car. It was an interesting day and night to say the least but it was amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Thank you Matt and Emily for letting me be part of your special day! I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see what the future holds for you! I am truly blessed to have you as friends!

1 comment:

MUG said...

No sweetie thank you!! You were an amazing speaker and an amazing DJ. We really would have been lost without your skillz.
Now about the rest of this night? Why on earth didn't you go home to bed? And chocolate syrup? Before you forget about it, can I hear the story?