Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I wanna!

I have decided that I want to learn how to play an instrument. I have always wanted to but I have never put any real effort into finding a class or someone who can teach me. I want to learn how to play the guitar or the piano. I love piano, but I don't have one and they are very cumbersome. So maybe the guitar, not just rock band or guitar hero style like a real life guitar.
I can't sing, (unless you ask Rita) but I still do I am always making up songs and singing along to whatever is on and I really want to be able to put a tune to my little ditty's.
I need to find a man (or woman) about a guitar... and lessons.... hopefully free! haha!!
I also have an interest in the drums, but they again are cumbersome and much more difficult to practice given that I don't have a garage, a band and I do have both arms (ouch bad joke, I shouldn't poke fun at a one armed drummer) I was in love with a boy in high school who was a drummer and I am pretty sure he still is and I love it, I have taken a liking to the drum kit on rock band but I don't really have a whole lot of rhythm so I don't think I could really do it. That foot thing really messes with my mind!!
When we were younger my sister got piano lessons and the other one got violin lessons (also a sound I love) so why shouldn't I try my hand at something now? My parents were always too poor for me to ever go. Alix was babysitting her way into the piano lessons and the violin lessons were a gift to Sam for something that I don't remember.
I really wish that I could sing but there is no changing how bad my voice is without well me dying and being reincarnated into someone who isn't tone deaf! haha!! If I had a choice I would have a raspy haunting voice... but I can't choose that so I guess I will just stick with trying to learn to play something.

1 comment:

teirvin said...

Playing an instrument is the bomb. I played both guitar and piano for nearly an hour last night. (I was in a "sullen" mood.) You really should pick up a guitar.