Sunday, October 25, 2009

Almost Winter Blues

Not feeling ready for the upcoming weather snow, ice, and YUCK I decided that I would go test drive some cars. Mostly SUV's, Crossovers, and Trucks why I feel like I need to cut the gas mileage I enjoy by half or more.... WHO KNOWS??? Not me it is actually pretty stupid!!
I forced Sam to come along because I like her opinion and she keeps me grounded in the fact that I don't need to spend $30,000 just because I REALLY like it! haha
So this adventure while fun, didn't end up with me driving away in a new vehicle. I think I have decided to wait until January when things have slowed down a bit and the 2010's come out so the 2009 models go down in price a bit.
I was going to purchase a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe, a very cute green color it was used but barely and I liked it a lot. Then I talked to a friend who works in the lending business and she said DO NOT buy a Hyundai or a Kia (which were the two types of cars I had fallen in LOVE with earlier in the day) they don't keep their value at all and most people are ALWAYS upside down. Given that I am in that boat now I will take her advise.
So I am hoping that this little Toyota Highlander Hybrid will stay on the lot for me for the next few months while I wait patiently for the price point to be closer to $20,000. That is my hope at least but who knows I might decide by then that I still want a car... I doubt it but we will see!!

No comments: