Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bird Lady

Thankfully my mom is doing a little better today, not out of the woods by any means but doing better her blood sugar is now down to just under 300 which is still almost 3x higher than what it should be but no longer 500+. The doctors didn't think that it would come down without a higher dosage of insulin so things are looking up. She is still feeling pretty bad but better than yesterday so that is a good sign as well. The main worry now is her triglyceride level which was REALLY high, that in conjunction with the crazy high blood sugar is not a good thing. It can't be tested again for another 6 weeks so we wait. I can't even imagine what I would do if I lost her! I have already been through losing one mom (my bff from childhood's mother right after high school) and that was devastating. Still this many years later I can't talk or think about it much it is just such a tremendous loss. But as for today things are looking up in my little corner of the world and I am thankful!

1 comment:

MUG said...

I am glad your mom is doing better. This is terrible news.